We are delighted to invite all of you to the “Seminar on Introduction to Islamic Finance” that will be organized by the FSU students. For registration, you may contact me or Muhammad Afdzal Shahabuddin at 013-2127796 e mail : email@example.com or Ainul Kauthar Karim at 0132506169 email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Appreciate it very much if you could circulate this information to others.
Details of the seminar are as follows:-
“SEMINAR ON INTRODUCTION TO ISLAMIC FINANCE”
FACULTY OF SYARIAH AND LAW, USIM
21 April 2012
LCA4562 and LCA 4592
• To educate and create awareness among seminar participants on the Islamic finance, its current structure & development, and its viability as a conventional finance alternative;
• To generate interest amongst the participants on Islamic finance
• To identify Islamic finance issues in Malaysia, the concerns and dead-ends revolving around its development.
0830 – 0900 - Registration
0900 – 0915 - Recitation of Doa
- Multimedia Presentation
- Welcoming speech by Dr. Zulkifli Hasan
- Opening Remarks by Professor Dr. Haji Abdul Samat Musa, Dean, FSU, USIM
0915 – 1045 -: Session I : (Introduction to Islamic Finance: Legal framework, Product Development and Islamic Finance Litigation)
Moderator: Dr. Ahmad Zaki Salleh, Lecturer, FSU
- “Legal Aspect of Islamic Finance”: Zalmanizam Mahadi, Manager, Group Legal and Corporate Secretarial, Bank Pembangunan Malaysia
- “Islamic banking Product Development”: Zulkipli Md. Yunos, Assistant Vice President, Product Development, EXIM Bank
- “Islamic Finance Litigation in Malaysia” Puan Maimoonah binti Aid, Deputy Registrar, Mahkamah Tinggi Dagang (Bahagian Muamalat).
1045 – 1115 - Light Refreshments
1115 – 1300 - Session II: (Introduction to Islamic Finance: Roles of Shariah Scholars and Shariah Supervisory, the Development of Takaful and Roles of Regulatory Authorities)
Moderator: Dr. Yasmin Hanani Muhammad Safian, Deputy Dean, PPS.
- “ Roles of Regulatory Authorities in Islamic Finance”: Salihin Haji Deris, Manager, Shari’ah Department, CIMB (Ex-BNM’s officer)
- “The Development of Takaful in Malaysia: Ahmad Zaeim Ismail, Head of Shari’ah, Etiqa Takaful
- “Roles and Shari’ah Scholars and Shari’ah Supervisory in Islamic Finance”: Saiful Anuar Hambali, Head of Shariah Supervisory, Affin Islamic Bank Berhad.
1300 – 1400 - Lunch and congregational Zuhur prayer